Massage therapy is the manipulation of the body's soft tissues to decrease tissue tension and improve circulation. Physical therapy and massage therapy are often used in conjunction with one another in order to provide optimal outcomes. Our massage therapists are skilled at performing therapeutic massage techniques that target tissue restrictions that impair your function.
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow - the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ - the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins - amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
- Pregnancy/Prenatal Massage: Prenatal Massage is a fast growing treatment that focuses on concerns of each trimester, and after birth assists in restoring the body to its normal condition. Prenatal massage has attracted the interest of labor and delivery nurses, nurse-midwives, childbirth educators, and obstetricians. While you will benefit from improved circulation and improved muscle function, massage will also help you achieve mental and physical relaxation.
- Deep Tissue Massage: This technique allows the therapist to soften the deeper muscles of the body. Deep tissue massage is often recommended for those experiencing chronic pain, are involved in heavy labor or activity, or sustain muscular injury.
- Swedish Massage: This technique uses a variety of massage strokes and has been effective in reducing pain and joint stiffness. Patients with osteoarthritis have found this technique particularly helpful in restoring joint function.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment.